What's on your test bench?

Agreed. I have an Extech DVM with thermocouple probe, handy for household work and cooking, and a bench power supply, for testing light bulbs and charging batteries. But no electronics!

John

The only times I do electronics at home is when I 'mistakenly' power up a new PCB on Friday afternoon. Of course something doesn=92t work, and I know I=92ll obsess about over the weekend. The easy solution is to pack up pcb, scope and what ever else I=92ll need and schlep it home.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Funny. I expected flak from you. ;-)

Reply to
krw

quoted text -

If necessary I just go into work over the weekend. If there is something that really needs to be done it's no big deal.

Reply to
krw

There's always LT Spice if I need an electronics fix on weekends. And I'm only about 12 minutes from work.

I plan to build a barn behind the cabin in Truckee, and I'll probably have a lab there, so I can play with circuits on days when skiing conditions aren't good.

John

I have the FPGA tools from the various manufacturers[*] loaded on my laptop but I've never used them in anger. I'm 13 miles, half interstate.

Isn't that the time to read a book by the fire?

[*] Yikes, are the FPGA sales types hungry! I'm getting calls every day from the four vendors.
Reply to
krw

You meant, COM/ACTIVEX/DCOM/OLE, correct?

Reply to
Jamie

I put one of these in about every other rack.

About once a week. 26GHz

Reply to
Pieyed Piper

fore

k.- Hide quoted text -

t -

I live out in the sticks. Once I get home for the weekend I really don't like going back in... of course if it's important.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

fore

k.

Hmm, 45 minute's away. Of course there's 30 acres of land, half woods and a beautiful stream and gorge behind the house. I think my favorite thing is to take a notebook down to the stream and scribble thoughts of the day.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

These are extremely handy:

l_Analyzers~540.html#

with 600 MHz recording/playback/analysis bandwidth, anywhere up to 18 GHz. But they are a bit expensive.

We have some E4440 spec ans, but mostly use the E4407B models, since we have tons of those.

Reply to
Tom Gootee

Are you trying to say I can't use my Grid Dip meter to perform that job? :)

Reply to
Jamie

How is support on that thing? We bought an Aeroflex spectrum analyzer and it's buggy and has some problems. They can't support it because it's made by somebody else in Korea who they seem to have little influence over.

John

Our lab has like 40 or so similar such Items and we also use many of their components as well.

Reply to
Pieyed Piper

Only if your name is Dippity Doo Dah.

Reply to
Pieyed Piper

Well, the support we get is really excellent. But we are a Very Large customer of theirs. Those digital sampling/analysis/playback units are made by Aeroflex themselves, right here in the USA (CA). They bought out the original company ("Celerity", maybe?), which was founded by the architect/designer of those systems, Jack Anderson. He used to come visit us regularly, before he unexpectedly and tragically died, just last year, way too young. He was a truly-great person; a remarkable, wonderful, unassuming, modest, dedicated, and super- intelligent man.

We don't buy many of their other products, except for programmable switched attenuators, which I believe are really a Weinschel product. We also use some of their fixed high-power attenuators.

Reply to
Tom Gootee