What's In Your Parts Box?

Bus broke down so the Industrial sized crew can't make it. :-) Martin

--
Martin Eastburn
@ home at Lion\'s Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net

Newsgroups
lionslair at consolidated dot

I filled 3 full sized dumpsters this weekend, tossing Stuff out. Next weekend I have to move the machines out of the warehouse. Sigh

Then I get to start cutting all of the pallets up and disposing of them too.

107F today...so it wasnt all that bad....(right..wimper....)

Gunner

Gunner

Don't bother keeping steppers. I had boxes of them, until I need one. And couldn't get a single one to work with my driver chip. And quite frankly, servos are a hell of a lot easier to use. So, I tossed them all.

And when you salvage sensors, keep the bracket you found them in - it makes attaching them to your projects easier.

Reply to
The Hermit

Vacuum tubes. Particularly replacements for my Tek 545 o'scope.

Also, a few original IBM PC cases, power supplies and disk drive faces.

I already built one, but some day, I've got to stick a top of the line multi-processor motherboard into another one and take it to a Linux bootfest.

I think you left the stove on.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

actually, do you not need a top of the line motherboard/cpu to run linux, it is very forgiving of crappy hardware.

Ignoramus5833

Reply to
Ingo Cyliax