What is this tube?

one of my friends found a few of these tubes yesterday in great shape.

They are farnsworth tubes. Not sure of its operation. It looks like a photo type tube?

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

Can't imagine.

This one looks like an early PMT prototype:

The collection looks like Farnsworth's stuff.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Another one:

Is the date 1939?

Farnsworth used a photomultiplier inside his image dissector TV camera tube.

These are cool:

(orthicon?)

This looks like a sniperscope-type image converter. Maybe.

I don't see any multipactors in this collection.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

That is an image converter tube. Probably IR to Vis.

Used in very old night vision equipment?

Reply to
tm

ok, so I guess they maybe worth something to a collector?

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

I have played with that tube before. A long time ago. I think they were used in WW2 sniper scopes and needed an illuminator to work.

If memory serves, they used around 1 kV.

The RCA 6032A was a better tube and is still available on the surplus market.

Regards,

Reply to
tm

Article says "hand blown glass television tube" but looks more like an IR image converter.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Now _that_ looks like a PMT; see the dynodes.

Reply to
Robert Baer