What is a good approximation for the input R of an H81transistor in Saturation?

Hi,

It has been a while since I saw a good I-b (base input current) vs Vbe (base emitter voltage) curve published in a transistor data sheet. I am building a clamp circuit and it is necessary for me to know the forward ON resistance of the base emitter junction of the transistor that I am using, in this case, the vernerable H81. Yes, I have the data sheet but there is a lot less that is put into data sheets these days than there used to be (does anyone remember using a curve tracer or seeing those curves in data books?.....Does anyone remember data books?).

I can use the piecwise linear approximation, with a break voltage of, say, .65V. But I do need a somewhat realistic number for the forward on resistance. Is it 10 Ohms? 50 Ohms?

Thank You Tom tom_cip snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
Teece