What eats N channel silicon?

And depending on the ratio you mix it you will make chlorine in large quantities, NCl3 followed by a detonation or hydrazine. That ignores a couple of other possible side reactions with other very unpleasant end products. It is something you do *not* do if you value your life.

They obviously had ignorant people like you in mind when they set up the About.com:First Aid site.

Too many would be rescuers have been overcome by fumes and died.

If you do not believe me check the MSDS for Ammonia, it is always listed as violently incompatible with hypochlorite and for good reason.

Regards, Martin Brown

Reply to
Martin Brown

ed

he

d KOH

hip

Just ignore the wingnuts that make remarks about the left. The wingnuts were dropped on their heads as babies, and just can't help themselves. It is like Tourette's syndrome.

An interesting but as far as I can tell low volume chip producer was ES2/US2. The did direct write ebeam. When I was at Exar, their gear was in our fab.

Reply to
miso

does

in

One reaction product is chlorine gas. High school chemistry or lower. =20

Reply to
JosephKK

safety=20

RCA-wash)=20

mechanical

which=20

Has BF3 really disappeared from silicon processing? Or was it circuit board procesing? 20 years can really degrade memory quality. =20

Reply to
JosephKK

I thought I'd covered this - I misinterpreted the post. It's NH3 and HCl that make NH4Cl. And bleach obviously releases chlorine gas spontaneously (ever done the laundry or swum in a pool?) - the ammonia apparently stimulates it to release even more.

What would the chemical equation be?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I once read something about wafer fab where they mentioned silane, SiH4, which is appparently pretty nasty stuff:

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

ie.

ety

ash)

hanical

ich

ical_compound

Yep. Nasty stuff. At the PPoE there were silane bunkers with hinged walls and "pop tops" where they stored the stuff. Employees were instructed to leave, immediately, if they ever smelled garlic (it was banned from the cafeteria). Were there some bigs running around scared when some idiot called in a bomb scare (turned out to be a contractor).

Reply to
keithw86

Hm? I think you mean:

   \\|/  \\|/     it is illegal to kill them."    Perna condita delenda est
Bob Larter