vw aircraft enign

Hi i am mohammed from ETHIOPIA ,and i wont to biuld an aircaft from a modifaed vw engin , is there enye one have the manual of this thing to hellp me ?

Reply to
GGmoha

schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@j20g2000hsi.googlegroups.com...

Hello,

You can look here.

Try Google for more hits with the phrase: evans plane vw motor

Best regards, Helmut

Reply to
Helmut Sennewald

Google on autogyro. Or try this

Maybe, maybe not?

Reply to
Daniel A. Thomas

gearhead

Be careful of a couple things. first the VW engine is not designed for the thrust placed on the crankshaft from attaching a propeller. That being said, there are solutions to this . second, the engine crankshaft uses a mechanical means to seal the engine oil inside. This is the rear seal when the engine is installed in a rear engine vehicle. The seal is on the opposite end of the crankshaft from the flywheel and consists of screw threads on the end of the crankshaft and a large dished washer to drive the oil back into the crancase. If you have excessive pressure inside the crankcase (piston blowby) relative to lower pressure outside (slipstream) the oil can empty out quickly. I have seen this happen on an engine I had inadvertently left the crancase vent plugged during break in.

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Treason doth never prosper: what\'s the reason?

"Follow The Money"  ;-P
Reply to
**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**