Vref again

hi, we need to use internal 2.56 Vref on ATmega16....an external super stable vref as: zenner or other voltage regulators(if they can assure very stable vref). If you can find any then it will be great. thanx in advance..

Reply to
strider02

i forget to add that we can't use vcc to avcc cause its not stable enough

Reply to
strider02

'lo.

Why, yes, I can find some, so "it" must be great.

(What exactly do you mean by "super stable"? 0.01ppm/C? 0.01ppm/year? Or something a bit more practical? Have you looked at the usual suspects, like National Semiconductor, Linear Technology, Maxim, Analog Devices, Thaler?)

Reply to
Tom Bruhns

Sounds like your problem is some other sort of problem. Unless you really try to explain what you are doing then you will just sound like some ignorant sort of person.

I'd like to know the reasoning behind producing a 2.56V reference....

DNA

Reply to
Genome

If you need to use the *internal* 2.56V reference, you don't need an external reference. Just decouple the AVcc, put a cap on Vref pin, and select 'internal reference' in the applicable ADC register.

Reply to
Arlet

Probably because it's 2^8 / 100, and they want 10 mv steps in their ADC.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Why he is using a 256 bit DAC!