Voltage Divider Resistor Picker

Hi, There are 480,000 different combinations of standard 1% resistor values. If you need 2.75 volts from a 5.00 volt reference, which of those 480,000 pairs will give you the closest result?

For this example there are 9 resistor pairs that will get you to within

0.5%, but one resistor pair will get you within 0.15%. Only 1 out of 480,000 combinations is the best pair!!

The Best Pair II resistor calculator program will calculate and display the twenty one best voltage divider resistor pairs, as well as the error voltages, percent error, "Perfect R2" and "R Thevenin" values. Results can be scaled to any decade of course.

BestPair has been upgraded to Best Pair II. If you are interested you can get it with instant download delivery here -->

Thanks for looking.

Cheers, Tim

Tim

Save the 5$ and comparable software for free :

goto :

and download :

Rene

*** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from
http://www.SecureIX.com ***
Reply to
Rene Tschaggelar

...then there's the old standby by Terry Harris at RSW's site (Nearest; Series; Parallel; Divider): http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:ULaUZ9H9IGQJ:

JeffM

Updated :-

"It now supports E192 range and supports selection from mixed ranges. It no longer rounds input values to 3 significant digits. It can run multiple instances (which is more a bug than a feature)."

at

nospam

Yes - Please download and try the free program.

If you find you do not like it please take a closer look at BestPair II -->

In seven years BestPair I had ZERO unsatisfied users.

You get what you pay for.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers, Tim

Tim

The number of times that I've had to select values from a range like that, I've done it "by hand" with a spreadsheet. ;-)

Although, it would be kind of a fun programming project - maybe I'll put up a "divider calculator" web page. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Like these?

JeffM

If they are 1% resistors, then NO pair will be within 0.15% !!!

Mark

Reply to
redbelly

Typically 1% resistors are within 0.15% or so.

Nothing wrong with trying to get closer to the ideal values on analog stuff.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

This isn't unqualifiedly true. Some pairs MAY be within 0.15%; some may not. What you want to say is that there is no guarantee that any particular pair will be within 0.15% when built with real 1% resistors.

Reply to
The Phantom