voltage and current output DAC's

Hi,

I am confused about current output DAC's, the one I am looking at requires a negative voltage reference for making a positive voltage output (at least from the datasheet schematic) but I think it should be simpler to just hook it up with a single supply.

Here is the datasheet page that shows a negative vref for generating a positive unipolar output:

"

"

The datasheet also has a hookup with a positive reference, but that is then used to generate a negative output:

"

"

I think I should just hook it up with a positive reference and then use a non-inverting amplifier on the output for I to V conversion:

"

"

Is that a proper hookup for this?

cheers, Jamie

Reply to
Jamie Morken

"Jamie Morken"

** That is for sure.

** No it don't.

"

"

** No it don't, Vref is positive.

Vout is inverted by the op-amp.

Can't you find any schems that are not drawn with bloody DEFECTS ??

"

"

** Hey dope - you supplied the same link again.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

"

"

"

"

Thanks Phil, very inspiring input. I meant to post this link for the positive output DAC:

"

"

Any advantage of that circuit over this one, which is also positive output but only has a single supply:

"

"

Looking forward to your response? ;)

cheers, Jamie

Reply to
Jamie Morken

"Jamie Morken"

** Hey dope.

Find some damn schems where the vertical lines are BLOODY VISIBLE !!

Ya dopey wanker.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Hi Jamie,

At risk of getting a tirade of abuse from Phil, those pics look fine to me.

Is this your version of the circuit from a previous thread?

Dave.

Reply to
Dave

Dear Phil,

please take it in the kindest possible way when I suggest that you Get Cancer and Die Screaming. If you could arrange it so that this happens before your sphincter loosens and another flood of postarrhea is unleashed from your bowels, we'd all appreciate it.

TIA.

Reply to
Fred Kruger

"Fred Kruger Net Nazi Scumbag "

( snip vile abuse)

** Hey Fred,

Still got that baseball sized tumour inside you head ?

Enjoy it while you can.

Ya gonna drop dead any minute.

....... Phil

Reply to