Video monitors and CCD cameras.

Hmmm, do you think it can handle 9 to 12 volts without a voltage regulator inside ??

hamilton

No, but it draws very little current.

Michael A. Terrell

George, I'm working on a IR Femtosecond laser system. A ccd from supercircuits, and a 23$ USB NTSC frame grabber gives me nice realtime video on either a laptop or the system control PC.

This gets you around the dying suppy of small NTSC monitors, plus I can grab stills or video. 6 mm focal length lens seems about right for short range applications.

Steve

Reply to
Owen Roberts

=92t

We

car rear view cameras several here:

some of them have IR led light for night use so no filters I assume

plenty of cheap displays too:

-systems-718

-Lasse

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

Thanks Steve, I'll look into USB NTSC frame grabbers. It would be nice to sometimes get video onto a computer*. But I hate the idea of time lag in a web cam. We've got a few of the LCD 'back up' displays on order. And several leads on the CCDs. (Weldex in addition to super circuits.)

George H.

  • I've got this semi-psychedelic video of a diode laser sweeping through the transverse modes of a confocal Fabry-Perot cavity. With the mirror separation set to less than the confocal condition.
Reply to
George Herold

=92t

=A0We

o-systems-718

Thanks Lasse, I've got some of thos on order from China.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

OK Robert, my first video=92s on youtube. But first here=92s a =91scope shot of a photodiode monitoring the output. Each of the little bumps is a different transverse mode.

And now some video=92s. Smoke =91em if you=92ve got =91em, this will be a short =91trip=92.

I hope that works

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Please post that for us aged hippies..

Reply to
Robert Baer

aummmmmm...

Like it!

Reply to
Robert Baer

Have you considered the NTSC LCD displays used as a second monitor for portable DVD players? The one I have is 7" diagonal & runs on 12 VDC. Some sets of DVD player & monitor allow you to use both units for displays for video games.

Michael A. Terrell