Impedance and Spectroscopy

Hi,

I have to measure the impedance of loads like RC load and only resistive loads. I am thinking of putting a sinusodial wave of 1kHz and

5 volts across the load. But I saw this other technique called "Spectroscopy". I looked it up on the internet and read some literature about it. I found both techniques quite similar. Can anybody advice me that what is the difference between the two approches.

Thanks John

Reply to
john

What did you find similar between them, apart from both having to do with measurement? I think spectroscopy usually refers to something optical. Thinking very loosely about it, the first technique involves a single frequency, and the second involves a range of frequencies, or some other kind of range, like the mass of atoms.

-- John

Reply to
John O'Flaherty

Hi John,

Spectroscopie means to measure the impedance within a spectrum of frequencies (or even reconstruct this from the pulse respone) . The result can be analysed not only in RC than in more complex constructs. More or less there are several encymes and more complex chemical structures that are evaluated by such methods. In biological environemen there is the skin impedance that gives explanation of the thickness, wettness... (is this written right?) ... In combination with electrical impedance tomographie it is used to detect/monitor water in the lung ... geophysicans use this do evaluate the earth...

regards

Marte

Reply to
Marte Schwarz