Very OT: Brown "molasses" oozing from old furniture

What hope. The vaults disappeared before digital was an economic proposition. If the managers were so short sighted as to sell the archives for scrap, do you think they bothered to copy anything?

The worst part is that no-one knew it was happening until everything had gone. Does anyone keep an eye on other archives to check that their managers aren't doing something similar?

--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk

This is even more serious - if someone sits in your chair, it comes apart and they fall and break their tailbone, you'd be liable!

Sounds like a job for a professional, or the dumpster. )-;

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Nope, it's done. Plus it wasn't a chair.

The culprit was a piece of rubber, looks like from the days when it was invented and certainly an add-on because this cabinet is from way before. It had begun to mutate from rubber to molasses. Quite interesting, actually.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

In any case, I'm glad you got it resolved. :-)

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

So is my wife. I would have put a small pot and some duct tape underneath but those kinds of solutions have a very low WAF.