Very Low Cost Flex Shaft Machine

Harbor Freight has one for $48 currently - There are many 20% coupons online (Google "Harbor Freight 20% printable"). That will make the price < 40.

How good is this unit? Very good, if you follow a breaking in procedure: Soak the hand-piece in light oil for several days. I used oil plus kerosene with a post soak with just oil. Then also put some lithium grease in the shaft.

I just mentioned this here in case anyone does fine work, as an accompaniment to a Dremel (or in place of.)

One thing to be aware of with Chinese goods is they often come without lubrication, because it's messy to ship greased items.

The shaft is robust, as I have connected one of them to an electric drill for heavy duty drilling at high torque. No failures yet.

Reply to
haiticare2011

Is that a knock-off of the Foredom grinder?

Reply to
Bill Martin

I think this is the one you mention.

I also found this for less, with a grinder. More for less, something is missing. ;-]

Mikek

amdx

No, I don't think so.

Reply to
haiticare2011

The first one is the one I have. It works very well. I suppose if I were a tool and die maker who used it 4 hours a day, I would buy the Foredom. jb

Reply to
haiticare2011