uninsulated terminal crimper

Probably not a good idea. Wires tend to work-harden right at the wire/solder interface. Crimp lugs are specifically designed to avoid this.

Reply to
krw

I don't think I've ever had a crimp on the standard ring or faston type terminals go bad at the wire. Cheapo terminals are clearly weaker and have less grip than the good stuff. I alway use Amp or Panduit terminals with the nylon cover and the extra metal tube that strain reliefs the wire's insulation. They will not fail.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

Did you solder them?

Reply to