TCP server terminal

Does anyone know any software that can act as a TCP server terminal like Hyperterminal eg. "Wait for call" on port XXXX except without Hyperterminals stupid server echo.

Thanks Ross

Reply to
Ross Marchant

Cygwin+netcat.

Cygwin is very large just to get the functionality of netcat, but Cygwin has become de rigueur for all Windows installations for me anyway.

Reply to
Bryan Hackney

nc (the package name is usually "netcat")

-- Grant Edwards grante Yow! Do I hear th' at SPINNING of various visi.com WHIRRING, ROUND, and WARM WHIRLOMATICS?!

Reply to
Grant Edwards

OT, but the other month I installed the Windows game of "The Thing" (based on John Carpenter's movie) and the installer said "Cygwin detected". Very odd, I wonder why it knows or cares.

Reply to
larwe

Strange.

There are some parts of Xilinx tools that require parts of Cygwin. I can understand that, but a game needing Cygwin?

I think it's just part of what the installer does, and has nothing to do with the game. Maybe there are enough things out there depending on Cygwin that the installer checks by default. Or maybe someone made a mistake and left the check in when it should have been removed.

Reply to
Bryan Hackney