uc3836

someone can give to me some shematics about that ICs to build a simple variable power supply ? I already have the datasheet...

thanks

Reply to
merco

i HAVE the UC3836 here in my pocket...

so next questions are: The circuit at the bottom of page 3 says pass device = TIP32B or D45H: what are some equivalents ? cand i use a BD136 or similar ?

If i don't want to use an external Q, i would use the next schematic (page 4) for low current ... I see -Vin so i can't use it with gnd and v+ ?

thanks

Reply to
merco

probably is better using a 317...

my source VIn is about 20V and my vout can be from 3.3 to 12V (

Reply to
merco

i'm not always in my office (with my favourite programs and links), so what do you think should I use ? my pencil ? If you have a better solution please post your link and i will use that dear Phil

Reply to
merco

You would be better of if you allready had the chip.

--DF

Reply to
Deefoo

The choice of transitor wil be determined by the required voltage rating and dissiaption. If you can't calculate these, maybe you shouldn't be designing a psu ?

That would depend on your application wouldn't it ?

You don't really understand circuits do you ? -Vout and -Vin are common and can be connected to gnd if you want them to be.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Doesn't the datasheet have any suggested application circuits? They're usually a pretty good starting place.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

"merco" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

As you have the datasheet, you have a schematic of a simple variable power supply. What else do you need?

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Fine. Now can you use that info to examine for example if the uc3836 needs an external transistor or not ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Just looked at the 8/94 Unitrode datasheet ....

The circuit at the bottom of page 3 (RHS) looks about as complete and simple as you could hope for.

The one at the bottom of p4 is only marginally more involved.

if you can't work with these, I suggest you consider buying a PSU.

Reply to
budgie

here is the datasheet...

merco

"merco"

** For a guy that uses both "gmail" and GG - yep.

A bunch of torch batteries is always an option too.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

** The data sheet has a basic circuit - but it is not detailed with part numbers and resistor values.

Also there are no construction details of the DC input supply etc.

Reply to
Phil Allison