Truer words have never been spoken through falser teeth.

They'll come after us as well. That shoe is about to fall.

Reply to
krw

[snip]

If they come for me, they should expect a fight. To survive, I can revert to "country-boy" about as fast as you can blink... I've never forgotten my roots ;-)

...Jim Thompson

     Liberals are so cute.  Dumb as a box of rocks, but cute.

A cowboy is approached by a group of indians. God speaks to the cowboy: "John, you'd better break off the gun sight". "No! " - says the cowboy. "How could I aim without the sight?". So the cowboy pulled out his magnum and fired six shots at indians. The indians grabbed the cowboy, sticked magnum into his ass and rolled it six times.

VLV

Reply to
Vladimir Vassilevsky

You are delusional. "Nature take its course" would mean no patents no copyrights etc. The government interferes with the natural flow of things all the time.

Letting the economy crash and burn would be far worse than the current situation. Economies are like nonlinear feedback systems. The gain naturally increases with increasing activity and falls with decreasing activity. When you have a major crash, the system tends to stick at the bottom like a nonlinear servo will tend to do. The result is you can have a complete "dark ages" where the economic activity stops and stays that way.

The guy down the street who smoked in bed lit his house on fire. If the fire department did act, the house next to it would have burned and the one next to that and so on. You have mistaken concert about preventing the fire from spreading for concern over the guy who started the fire.

BTW: If the problem was just those mortgages, 1/3rd of the 700 Billion Hank Paulson got would have been enough. That wasn't the main problem.

If the economy does a crash and burn, it takes out more than just the dead wood. It takes out almost everything else too. Your grandchildren may final get the economy going again but it may be someone else's grandchildren or great grandchildren.

Reply to
MooseFET

ash

oo.

Quite the contrary for what I know to be true. Injecting cash right now is the right thing to do. It is basic economics. You wouldn't even have had to take the second year classes to be able to know that.

Reply to
MooseFET

Back in the day when wars where fought with the sword, the folks on the line would give a yell just before the lines of men met to lay into each other. It was well known that the ones who yelled a little too loud or a little too early were the weakest ones. They would be the place that the line failed.

Reply to
MooseFET

Jim Thompson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

"cowboys" didn't use magnums,anyways.

.357 magnum was invented in 1934,and the .44 Magnum was invented in 1950.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

For both the Korean and Vietnam wars the Army openly recruited hillbillies in West Virginia and Kentucky for sniper duty. Put them up a tree with a silenced rifle and let them shoot "squirrels" ;-)

...Jim Thompson

 I\'ll keep my guns, freedom, and money. You can keep the change.

I know that, back in ROTC at Fort Lewis, whenever I was in charge in the field, I always put this one Kentucky boy up on point. One day, we are walking down the road, and he stops us. He points at a tree line about a mile away and says "there are four guys in there waiting for us." As we start planning a little assault on this ambush, the sargent comes up, and tells us to just keep heading down the road. We weren't supposed to 'see' the ambush before it hit us!

He did the same things in the middle of the night, too!

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

Hatfield? Or McCoy ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress
discovers that it can bribe the public with the public\'s money."

                 - Alexis de Tocqueville

They did the same (at least from KY) during the Revolution. Taped the dumb Brits on the shoulder, long distance.

There is a similarity.

Reply to
krw

Doesn't matter. Tell them that there is a revenuer is in the trees, yonder.

Reply to
krw

[snip]

Reminds of a funny back in 1961. I'm taking summer vacation (from MIT) by visiting my grandparents, who lived in Pendleton County, WV.

Scanning the map I perceive a short cut across North Mountain. I take it, driving my Renault Dauphine. After a while I become concerned that I'm not on the right road (rural, no markings).

I stop and ask a farmer who's working a field next to the road.

He don't know nothing, until I say I'm trying to get to my grandfather's house.

He says, "Who's your grandfather"?

I reply, "Lester Thompson".

The farmer suddenly becomes knowledgeable and instructs me which turns I should take.

He then explains he thought I was a "revenuer" ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Lucky you weren't leaking by that time.

Reply to
krw

crash

And in an alternate model, economies are a lot like forests. Many of them are healthier for having a really good fire from time to time.

Reply to
JosephKK

rash

In another model, economies are a lot like flying pink invisible magic unicorns. Stuff happens because they are unicorns.

Reply to
MooseFET

what's

completely crash

cash

no

current

gain

decreasing

at

you

=A0If

about

main

of

There is good science backing up the forest fire thing. Can you say the same about your unicorns?

Reply to
JosephKK

y crash

no

ain

ou

ain

The forest fire thing applies to where Smoky The Bear takes a dump. The magic unicorns explain all of quantum physics.

Reply to
MooseFET

Your ignorance is showing, again. You sure seem to have a fetish for Indians and anal penetration. Also, you know as little about guns as you do about Indians.

Michael A. Terrell

Isn't Vladimir a Roosky? They aren't allowed to have guns ;-)

...Jim Thompson

"Democrat", "Liberal" and "Leftist Weenie" are simply politically
correct forms of the noun "Wuss", sometimes can also mean "Fairy"