trigger LED

LED's keep getting better! Looking at the 'transfer ratio' of an led, electrons in to photons out, is kinda fun.

Led's I looked at years ago would start to 'crap out'* at a few mA.. I wonder if they are better these days.

George H.

*transfer ratio became non-linear... you needed to add three electrons to make two photons at low current/voltage.
Reply to
George Herold

I got visible light from a green LED at 1 nA.

The cork popped merrily, and Lord Peter rose to his feet.

"Bunter", he said, "I give you a toast. The triumph of Instinct over Reason"
Reply to
jlarkin