Tiny LCD 1x4 display

Hello, I am try9ing to find a small (say 15mm x 6mm) wristwatch size LCD display for a project. All I need to display are 3 characters, no graphics.

It seems everywhere I look all I find are very large 1x8 or 2x8.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Jim

Reply to
Jimbo

There are some fairly small COG displays available, but I was not particularly impressed by the contrast on the ones I saw. If you're after significant quantities (at least low thousands to meet MOQ), I can see what I can find.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Hallo Jim,

I might have some leftovers fitting your description:

Total size: 18mm x 12 mm Viewing area: 14mm x 8 mm

There are three 7-segment characters and some other symbols on the display. A LCD controller supporting 2-mux 1/2 bias @ 3 Volts is required to drive the display. Zebra connectors are used for contacting the display - this means you have to design/machine some sort of frame to mount it on your pcb.

Regards Markus Mandl

Reply to
Markus Mandl

Get an el-cheapo kids watch and do some creative parts removal.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Thanks for all the replies. Actually the keyboard switch like this one might work perfectly for me.

If not I'll be contacting you Sphero.

Jim

Reply to
Jimbo

IE doesn't even get the pictures on the left side. (not surprising though)

I need to install Firefox here at home.

Reply to
Jimbo

How about these - Keyboard switches with LCDs built in

Mike Harrison

Do they have a site with information? Or just this one with a picture of a couple of keyswitches?

Robert

Reply to
R Adsett

They look OK, but has anyone managed to get some "proper" software data sheets from the site. Firefox seems to hang.

martin

"Facts are stupid things.." -- Reagan, '88

Reply to
martin griffith

The NKK site uses a pop-up for a chosen switch; the pop-up has a link "get PDF datasheet". If the Java that it ises does not work, then right click to show source, copy the "PDF/IS01NCCF.PDF" or other switch name, then tack it on the NKK url to get:

Presto: the datasheet will download.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Wrong site. I was referring to the lcd-keys link above. It doesn't appear to have any pop-up, it just dead ends.

Robert

Reply to
R Adsett