Time vs voltage circuit

I need help in order to make a circuit which will do the following: Measure the time a voltage is applied (or switch is closed) and convert the time to an output voltage (linearly). Also measure the time when another switch is closed (or voltage applied in another circuit) and linearly convert this time to REDUCE the same output voltage. Is there an expert out there who can give me advice on how- to?

Thanks Lars

Reply to
lars_oyno

How about... Use a constant I source on a cap for increasing V with t. Use a constant I sink on the same cap for decreasing V with t.

D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

Over what sort of period? There are well-established techniques embodied in off-the-shelf time-to-voltage converters for microsecond to nanosecond time scales.

If the times involved are in the seconds to milliseconds range, a dumb microcontroller is a much cheaper solution.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

A gear motor and a 10 turn pot.

Reply to
MooseFET

A PIC, of course.

--
Many thanks,

Please visit my GURU\'s LAIR web site at http://www.tinaja.com
Reply to
Don Lancaster

digital up-down counter with an R network on the output's doing the DA?

Reply to
frithiof.jensen