Thyratrons? Alternatives?

Yes, although the original market for those is rapidly drying up so one has to be careful.

From the datasheet it looks like their number of avalanches is finite even at low currents. That won't fly in this case.

Yup :-(

OTOH if it was easy guys like us wouldn't be needed.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Thanks! Now that's some real muscle and speed.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Unfortunately those won't give me a sufficient PRF.

Yes, that would be a concern. There are some good mfgs but info about their corporate health is usually not publicly available.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

It doesn't really matter. 5-10V would be fine. The less the better, not because of function but because of dissipation.

It must be able to turn on within 100nsec and retriggerable after a couple usec or so.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

I'll have to check that idea, thanks. The current diversion could be an issue. It'll be tens of amps.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

In that case maybe what you want is a spark gap or a field emission device.

Reply to
JosephKK