Thru hole vs surface mount R's at ~100MHz.

I have no morons immediately available for that use. Usenet provides them for free!

John

The Brat majored in psychology, so we have occasional discussions along those lines. I suggested that about 15% of the population is clinically insane one way or another. She disagrees, claining it's more like 25%. We do agree that this society does a pretty good job of keeping them employed, sort of useful, and under some sort of control.

John

Okay, that bracket's my working number of 20%.

Look at polls etc., it's a fairly good guess. 20% of any reasonably large population of people is bonkers.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

On a sunny day (Mon, 06 Dec 2010 13:46:22 -0500) it happened Spehro Pefhany wrote in :

Are you saying that chances that the president is one are 20 % too?

Actually my estimate is 99.99999999999 %, but i tall depends on your definition of it. Evolution has it that way, if they can make sex the number will increase. Look how many insects there are. For staying - say surviving- they score really high. So from that POV ....

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

No. The people who are drawn to things like politics, art, and acting are much worse. Obvious schitzos wouldn't be elected President, but there are lots of other disorders.

John

If you lumped stupidity in with insanity, how much would the numbers balloon? ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

In your case the weight would be zero, because you are such air heads.

Reply to
MakeNoAttemptToAdjustYourSet

Those numbers are tautology. By definition, 30% of anything falls outside of the standard deviation.

VLV

Reply to
Vladimir Vassilevsky

So the bottom lot (or the top lot) are around 16% (for a normal distribution, that is).

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany