This Ben Eater guy is a good teacher

Basic stuff, but presented in a very good way. This guy makes the best how-to videos on electronics...

Reliable data transmission.

Error detection: Parity checking.

Checksums and Hamming distance.

How do CRCs work?

Build a breadboard 8 bit computer, Piece by piece.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
|_|O|_|
Reply to
Dan Purgert

I really like these guys on Youtube like this that really explain things well !

Thanks for the link ! Hadn't heard of him before.

Reply to
boB

Reply to
bitrex

Fast 3D rotation/transformation matrix processing at 2:00:

Reply to
bitrex

Dan Purgert wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@djph.net:

I did not miss anything. The 'computer' he built was all logic gates, no cpu. But he has many other videos up. The guy makes them very well. He and his co-producers.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

bitrex wrote in news:m_p2G.660915$ snipped-for-privacy@fx48.iad:

I still cannot believe you guys do not know about MAME.

I have collected game roms for years and have every game rom for upright video games you could name.

But recently, I noticed that they were also posting game console roms and processor emulations. Then I sw calculators and then computers!

A whole bucketload of computers from mainframes to minis etc.!

MAME, with all the roms, also has history sheets, pictures, PCB pics, cabinet pics, etc.

And a lot of the stuff runs.

So there are litereally Gigs of data to DL to get it all, but then, you can hunt up old PCs or old calculators or old home games.

Remember "Simon Says"? Emulated in MAME's catalog.

Remember PacMan? It is not 'similar code' it is 100% the exact game ROMs being ran on a perfect Z80 emulation. They have had years to debug everything, and each failed ROM meant more learning and fixing.

Even games that had sound on cassette tapes, and even the laser disc based games with over 500MB of disc data to add to the game ROMs to play the game on your PC.

Command line executable from the main developer:

As for interfaces: The mameUI64 comes with the mame executable built in.

Needed snapshot files are many:

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

[snip]

I detected an error in the CRC video. He referred to the length of messages in bytes when he should have said bits. His example CRC16 could detect certain types of errors on packets of up to 32k-ish bits or 4k Bytes, not 32k Bytes.

(Overall the quality is excellent though.)

Allan

Reply to
Allan Herriman
--
|_|O|_|
Reply to
Dan Purgert

Dan Purgert wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@djph.net:

Nope... I have not browsed his library of videos yet other than those I see on the sidebar as I watch one.

Nothing missed. Other than 50 of the 60 years I have been here.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Hey I ran into Ben Eater in a quaternion video.

I haven't explored it yet. But I got there via 3blue1brown, Grant Sanderson. (Who is great at teaching math stuff.)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

3blue1brown makes beautiful proofs. I think one should watch his "thinking visually about higher dimensions" before this stuff.

The realization that, in the case of 100 dimensions, the inner hypersphere would have a radius of 9, is amazing.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Thanks, I've only seen a few of his videos... very cool stuff! Visualizing the Riemann function is good.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

George Herold wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Well, I guess by y'all's measure, I finally posted something good.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

That one didn't come up in the suggested videos but I'll look for it.

Also 3blue1brown's explanation of fractals make the meaning of fractional dimentions very clear.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

You frequently post something good. Ed

Reply to