Thermocouple IC's

he CJC?

rs

nk.

Grin, yeah thanks John. I saw that before and it's in my mind about one way to do it. I was thinking I might be able to use the fact that it's copper... some big pour for that line... Well first I have to hack something and test it.. then if it seems to be OK and I can worry about the details.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Given the specified accuracy of thermocouples, there's not a lot of point in going crazy here. Going crazy might involve trying to make the guts more isothermal: gap-pad from PCB to the box, potting, more agressive lead run treatment, whatever.

I once dunked five different-type tc's in an ice-water bath, ran them into this box, then into our VME board. They were all within +-0.1 C of 0C.

I think thermocouples (and extension wire) are best near room temp.

lunatic fringe electronics