Thermistor into XP computer excel

I am recording 7 locations for temperatrure with thermistors and a digital Multimeter and manually entering into an Excel spreadsheet. I would like to automate. I only need to take sample temps once every

15 minutes (or so) 12 hours a day.

i saw a site where 2 temps can easily be logged into excel via game port, using Visual Basic in XP.....soooo....I figure it shoouldn't be a big stretch to do what I want.

Can anyone point me in right direction to build hardware to do this?..or if more than moderatly difficult an off the shelf card...I am aware of Data logging hardware out there but again I would like to try to rig myself.

Thanks in advance... Rob

Reply to
rob

sdeyoreo

A PC running XP and visual C should be able to handle that data rate. If your PC has a serial port, chances are the easiest way to get the numbers in is via RS232. There are several companies that make ananlog to RS232 converter boxes. Perhaps one of those would serve your needs.

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

possible place to start?

rob wrote:

Reply to
Tom Woodrow

You can purchase an 8-port temperature kit at:

It has a software option, but if you want an example of how to use VBA plus the MSComm control to get serial data into Excel, drop me a line and I'll send you an example spreadsheet. I have a VB6 serial data logger sample as well.

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

- - - - - - - - Also see: Sensatronics: $129

Kit 1820 $25 + DS1820PR35 ($38.50)

Also see the dlpDesign example using the FTDIchip USB connection, with one DS18S20 Temperature. If you know the PIC you could hack to add multiple temperature sensors and the FTDIchip includes a virtual comm port driver, so you could still import the data serially. DLP-EVALP Evaluation Board $50.00

AntiSPAM_g9u5dd43