There but for the grace of God go I

Jesus Christ. poor fellow

Steve Wilson

Fuck the pity, somebody make that kid some good prosthetics.

And I mean someone who works in the field, a real pro would make short work of it. I don't mean lock your credit card into yet another $ 19 a month for life.

I'll even cut the metal and turn the screws, but no money.

Reply to
jurb6006

I didn't watch the video, I have a feeling I wouldn't want to see it. However, I have a neighbor that had a leg amputated below the knee. It had to do with diabetes. He gets around in a wheelchair and a walker. Is there a limiting factor with diabetes that would prevent him from using a prosthetic, it's been over a year. He's probably in his 50s, just seems he could get around better. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Possibly circulatory issues. A prosthetic has to attach somewhere, and if it cuts off what remains of the circulation, you end up with necrosis and further amputation.

Clifford Heath

Reply to
Clifford Heath

attach somewhere, and if it cuts off what remains of the circulation, you end up with necrosis and further amputation. "

That's probably because nobody wants to do it. You just avoid putting the s tress on the end of the stub. This is accomplished with a wide waist belt a nd possibly a strap under the butt on one side. There are such "unloader" b races for knees, it would just be an extension of that technique.

If they can come up with a CTLSO/RGO they can do this. With one of those ba bies you can be totally paralyzed from the nipples down and still walk. (no t that it's easy) They are unbelievably expensive though and each one must be custom made.

Reply to
jurb6006