The right box

Needed a box for scope_pic, or remote_lcd or whatever you want to call it, always the problem of cutting out a nice front, for the LCD, finding something that fits. These are mineral display boxes, with optical clear plastic, also exist with build in lenses as front, only 1 Euro 50. Pictures bottom page:

Apple could be jealous.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

,

It is nice. But it's plastic, which *could* cause static electricity problems. Over on this side of the oil slick, there are several sources of thin (1/16 to 1/8) wood "micro-lumber. It can be found in several species, common and exotic, as well as plywood. I've been looking at a lot of steampunk stuff in the past week or so - a nice box made from 1/8" oak with some formed sheet brass fittings and trin might look impressive. One source is Woodcraft:

lektric.dan

On a sunny day (Tue, 15 Jun 2010 20:32:51 -0700 (PDT)) it happened " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" wrote in :

yes, OTOH the LCD and circuit are *in* the box, so no much of a problem will arise I think. i have not noticed charge building up with this box so far.

I did consider making a wooden box. But this was so easy. all I needed to do was dremel an opening for the cable. The LCD fits exactly, the box is very slightly tapered, so I just pushed it in until it was stuck. Very difficult to get it out, so no screws needed. I am sure if you glue the base on, and so something to the cable exit, then it is 100% water proof too. And it prevents scratches on the LCD, if anything bad happens to it, replace the box (I bough ten and then the postage was almost as much as the boxes). I did an other bigger project with perspex, and spray painted the inside with gold color car paint. Nice golden look:-). And as the gold is inside you cannot scratch the paint. Many years ago I did something similar with BIG LCDs and using black masking tape between the LCDs.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Jan Panteltje schrieb:

that fits.

Where do these boxes come from? Would you please tell us the supplier?

Best regards

Reinhard

Reply to
Reinhard Zwirner

On a sunny day (Wed, 16 Jun 2010 21:46:31 +0200) it happened Reinhard Zwirner wrote in :

something that fits.

Jan Panteltje

Jan Panteltje schrieb:

[...]
[...]

Many thanks! And, BTW, ir really was a sunny day today :-))!

Bye

Reinhard

Reply to
Reinhard Zwirner

You can also use Ferrero candy boxes. Also cheap and pretty for people that like translucent electronics boxes. However, those can lead to personal weight control issues :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.