The next name

I was watchin the linux loosers at work the other day. WE all got new PC's with 2 LCD's. MY PC, XP Sp2, i used the default HP graphics card plus the on-board graphics card. I plugged the monitors in and they both worked, first go.

The linux loosers, well, first they googled for two days, then they ordered new expensive dual-head video cards, then 2 weeks later when the cards arrived, they f***ed around for another two days to get it working.

Yet linux is a commercial success they tell me?? Pffft..

Reply to
The Real Andy

That is a good one but perhaps I should save that one for later.

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

[....]

I had very little control over getting us into the situation. Perhaps we can just start making up names or something.

Maybe I should suggest "Titanic Hindenberg JR". This would give us lots of room to move up.

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

In article , John Devereux wrote: [...]

Hmmmm um um um maybe. No I don't think so.

Many people would run away like their hair was on fire if it was "XP".

Another Hmmmm maybe

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

In article , Frank Bemelman wrote: [....]

It would cost less but there's no power switch.

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

I think the solder on the dingle arm is made from lead so that ones out.

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

In article , R Adsett wrote: [...]

I think its more like Gen-5, like software written in a 5GL.

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

I'm reminded of some history of Macintosh model names, let's see if I can remember this correctly:

There was the original Macintosh (128k RAM, 8 MHz 68000 processor, famous shape with builtin 9" monitor), the the Macintosh 512 (4x the memory), then the SE (internal HD), then (or was it before the SE? doesn't matter for this post) the II (68020 processor at 15.7MHz, rectangular horizontal PC style case with separate monitor). Then they "enhanced" these last two models. They replaced the II's processor with Motorola's (at the time) latest, the 68030, and named it the IIx. Then they replaced the SE's processor with a 68030, but they called that the SE30.

-----

Ben Bradley

We would have had Iridium, but they never put enough satellites into orbit to call it that.

-----

Ben Bradley