The Jet-Man Cometh...

Archimedes' Lever

but

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

Other then being French, how is this more difficult than doing it without the He for lift?

--
Keith
Reply to

It's called muscles, an unused noun in america

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

Somewhat related.

I would like to do it in a rail gun. Hehehhe!

Of course, it would have to be severely and safely pre-accelerated before the "rail" section gets fired, and the landing would have to be via chute or the like.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

The frequency of the participant's speech?

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

He's Swiss.

Reply to
HardySpicer

Ok, I insulted the French.

--
Keith
Reply to

Um, it takes more muscles without the He. Try using your brain. I know Europeons aren't much used to such exercises, but try.

--
Keith
Reply to

How can you do that... isn't that impossible ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

                  Why are Europeons so ignorant?
           They think they know it all about the U.S.A.
                 But never have bothered to visit

That's OK... Just start an argument... they'll surrender.

Reply to
The Great Attractor

.. and I read "The JFET-Man cometh"...

regards, Gerhard

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann

"A French amateur pilot's attempt to be the first to cross the channel on a pedal-propelled airship has failed."

Huh? This was done 29 years ago in a heavier-than-air ship.

Reply in group, but if emailing add another
zero, and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Isn't "airship" generally used to refer to lighter-than-air craft, like blimps and dirigibles(zeppelins)?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Yes. Your point is?

--
Keith
Reply to

The OP referred to an "airship", which according to the webpage, was a balloon.

Ergo, flying a pedal-powered _airship_ wasn't what the GA guy did.

Hope This Helps! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

That wasn't the point.

No, but without the lift of the gas bag it's an even more difficult task. Strapping an airbag to the GA would have been trivial. ...or pump the wings full of He.

The point being that this "record" for an airship is silly.

--
  Keith
Reply to

Well, I knew even trying it was silly - when are the winds calm all the way across the Channel?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

on a

I'm sure it happens occaisionally (winter tends to be relatively calm, and good for airshipping). The whole exercise amounts to picking the day.

--
Keith
Reply to