Ink jet printer

Will an ink jet printer work for printing out artwork on a transparency for PCB exposure? I've been told it must be a laser printer but maybe someone has some experience with this.

Thanks Rod.

Reply to
Rodney

With gel coated transparency stock, made to hold the ink from the jets, it can work. I've done it. It had less pin-holing than laser images I have used.

Reply to
John Popelish

Toner from laser printing process tends to be more solid than inks from inkjet printing. Yes, you can inkjet on transparency, but you need to get a transparency film that is designed for accepting ink, not all of them will.

JazzMan

Please reply to jsavage"at"airmail.net.
Curse those darned bulk e-mailers!
JazzMan

Good! I tried the double printing, it works fine on plain paper. I'm sure it will be just as good on transparency. Thanks.

Rod

Reply to
Rodney

And if you're in luck you can print twice on the same transparency, most printers print on exactly the same spot the second time. Works great for me to get extra dark traces....

Reply to
Billy

i find that using photo ink jet paper in my laser printer works well, i iron it on and then hit it with water . the solution in the ink jet is water based i guess and loosens up real nicely leaving the toner on the copper clad. i have also did this on clear mylar instead of copper clad. it does work but i find that the heating process sometimes can distort the mylar.

--
Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5