The fastest production cars in the world are electric powered

So we need to limit people's rights to make noise, but we certainly should not restrict anyone's right to infect others.

Reply to
Rick C

One of my exploders is in the X-chapters.

I wasn't there when the boys blew it up. Missed the fun.

Reply to
jlarkin

Phil Hobbs snipped-for-privacy@electrooptical.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@electrooptical.net:

A place I lived at in Oceanside had some guy in an overtly rich set diesel pick-up truck and a real train horn set up underneath it. He would drive around the block sounding the horn every now and then. Talk about loud! And all that soot as he moseyd off.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

snipped-for-privacy@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

snip

Speaking of blowing things up...

Remember the death of disco?

"The Disco Demolition"

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I'm collecting notes for a book about bizarre human behavior. I'll add disco.

Reply to
jlarkin

Include this:

. Disco Duck

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

snipped-for-privacy@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Disco itself or this day as being "bizarre"?

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

You can tell motorcyclists to please be more quiet in Providence RI if you wanna get a cinder block put thru your driver's window/face, or shot

Reply to
bitrex

Perhaps you should get a Tesla. Those stinky vehicles that make the obnoxious noises at the lights are much less annoying as they disappear rapidly in your rear vision mirror. I suspect it annoys their drivers quite a bit too, judging by the extra noises they make as they recede.

Reply to
Chris Jones

It is hard to win a stop light drag race because it's just not safe to do so. But I do love it when I'm in the left lane at a safe distance from the car in front of me and some muscle car tries to pass me on the right. They never clear my front bumper. Now THAT clearly pisses them off. They often drop back and try getting a running start, doesn't work, LOL. On top if it all, they have a sports car and I'm driving a four door, six passenger SUV with a tow hook.

For all practical purposes the muscle car is dead! The Ford Mustang electric isn't even a sports car. EVs are really just gaining traction, so to speak, and will completely decimate ICE in the coming years as batteries improve. The motors are already far advanced over the ICE.

One thing that most people don't talk about it the smoothness and precision of the accelerator in an EV. With the regenerative braking it is hard to return to driving an ICE without a certain amount of pain. I have an ICE in Puerto Rico and I keep reaching for the auto pilot stick when I'm on the highway. That's not very often here, so for now, I'm sticking with the ICE. But once I buy a place and get a 240V outlet to charge with, I'll get an EV, maybe a Tesla, maybe something else. We'll see.

Reply to
Rick C

I looked out my back door one day and thought about what a mess it will be when it's time to supply power to the chargers for the EVs. My house is on an underground line that supplies maybe 25 others. For starters, when to do it? Allow for one EV per house? Double the voltage to 480 with transformers at each house to run the stuff already in place? EEs and everyone connected with power supply will be busy.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Do you worry about when your hot water heater comes on? Do you worry about using your oven, range or heat pump? All of these things use about the same amount of electricity as a car charger. If the utility becomes concerned about the issue, don't you think they can figure out how to manage it? At very worst they will give you a separate meter that schedules your EV charging. I wonder what they do in neighborhoods with lots of hot tubs or heated pools?

Reply to
Rick C

Fastest trains are electric too and since a long time

Reply to
bilou

bilou wrote: ===========

** Trains cheat cos they are externally powered. Like 25kV AC overhead lines with thousands of amps.

The world record is 375 mph.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Phil Allison snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:90adcd6d-f256-408d- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Pretty obvious that tens of thousands of "Watts" or "VARs" is what makes the train achieve that, and the acceleration to that point is due to the force (torque) which that power produces in the train's motors.

Pretty clear to me that power and acceleration are tied together, much less final speed.

500 little drone motors could not do it... Oh, that's right... they do not have enough power output.
Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

When I was in college, we knew a rich kid who got a Shelby Cobra. The original tires lasted one week.

To go really fast in a wheel-powered (ie not rocket) car, use steam power.

Reply to
jlarkin

What about video games where you play disco:

bitrex