The Death Plane Flies On - an explanation

We must accept the possibility that the plane flew on, loaded with corpses. Here is one item that I didn't see in the postings: Malaysian Airlines had on board a type of Lithium battery which were classified as being prone to catching fire, and they did not take precautions. I don't believe they were supposed to be on a passenger plane at all. Anyone heard this?

In general, I have flown Malaysian, and they are widely known to be incompetent and dangerous. If you need to catch a flight to India at the last minute, and all seats on Lufthansa or Singapore are filled, then you go to Malaysian, because they have plenty of empty seats and prices are 40% lower. There's a reason for that.

Oh, and your luggage may get stolen, so carry on anything you don't want to lose. At least my luggage got stolen both ways, 100% performance. I went to their offices in Kuala Lumpur to see about missing luggage. the official said to me, "I want to show you something." We went to a basketball gymnasium-sized room filled with missing luggage. He seemed proud of his collection.

jb

"If you don't count the killings, DC has a fairly low crime rate." - Mayor Berry, DC.

Reply to
haiticare2011

The MH370 cargo manifest was released a while ago:-

nearly 2.5 metric tonnes of Lithium batteries in the hold

AB

Reply to
Andy Bartlett

Yikes. That's ballpark the energy content of 1000 pounds of TNT.

Precision electronic instrumentation

Old information - It was already released on March 24th that 200 kg of Li-batteries were on board. According to officials in "full compliance with safety regulations." (avherald.com)

It isn't an explanation either, even if the batteries had caught fire, it doesn't explain how it could virtually knock out all communication systems within a few minutes and disabled the pilots, but left the airplane undamaged enough to continue its flight (supposedly on autopilot) until the fuel ran out.

Fire on an airplane usually causes disaster within a few minutes (Swiss Air 111 is only one sad example) and there are no known cases, where a fire prevented the crew from sending a distress call.

Regards, Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Bahner