The coolest thing in the Universe

The coolest thing in the universe...

It really is...

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

snipped-for-privacy@decadence.org wrote in news:t6ok15$88s$1 @gioia.aioe.org:

This guy is a Nobel Prize winner. And he explains what time is and what a clock is so very well. And he explains the NIST atomic clock perfectly... Because he is the guy who made it! And then he came up with the new one.

And it really is the coolest thing in the whole universe. Even when one introduces a "toss up".

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

snipped-for-privacy@decadence.org wrote in news:t6ok15$88s$1 @gioia.aioe.org:

I guess nobody here wants to learn anything or examine what is known.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I nodded off, then when I regained consciousness the progress bar was about 1/3 of the way into it.

Reply to
corvid

I'd guess that nobody here is interested in anything that you post.

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

There was a moment when the speaker's left shoulder disappeared. And when the top of his head was stretching out into a point, that reminded me how the shadows of two approaching objects jump together right before the objects touch. I wonder what causes that.

Reply to
corvid

Looked as though he was using a green screen for background.

Reply to
Tom Biasi

Bob Engelhardt snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote in news:BAokK.155$ snipped-for-privacy@fx14.iad:

Or perhaps it is over their heads. Nice neutral tone there though.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

corvid snipped-for-privacy@ckb.ird wrote in news:t6tkh9$o4d$ snipped-for-privacy@gioia.aioe.org:

Oh, the gravity of it all.

What magic force causes the wingnut flip?

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Tom Biasi snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote in news:t6tmir$1hff$ snipped-for-privacy@gioia.aioe.org:

Of course he was. Ametuer critics.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Thanks DL, it is truly expertly explained for non physicists. It suggests we have a future with even greater technologies.

Though it is long, could have used a little editing, &/or be separated into 2 parts. Not sure why he had to take so much time with the "shrinking balloons" demo. regards, RS

.
Reply to
Rich S

Rich S snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Yeah, I think folks must think I mena that the video is cool, but the video is about the coolest thing, and that ain't the video itself.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I enjoyed the video, if that makes you feel better.

Reply to
John S

John S snipped-for-privacy@invalid.org wrote in news:t716jh$3o3$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

How does this one make you feel?

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

+1 I found this video very interesting. And it is not the case of all the videos from the same source as far as I tried to watch them. William Phillips is really a good teacher and is enthusiasm is contagious.
Reply to
bilou

Agree, I've read many presentations from NIST. why do they all use Comic Sans font? Maybe that's how they make science "fun" ;-)

Reply to
Rich S