Termination Resistor - RS-485 line.

Hi Jasen. I did not mention the power wires, but they are being carried together with the differential bus.

I did not think about a wire with higher characteristic impedance. Mmmm, Do you know the consequences of that when using RS485 transceivers???

Cheers...

Franco.

Reply to
Franco

There are none. 100 Ohms differential is standard, there are none others.

Rene

Reply to
Rene Tschaggelar

Sure there is: 300 ohm twinlead, and 450 ohm open ladder wire used for early TVs and transmitters. Now, all he needs is a time machine.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida