Temperature Sensing

I'm looking for the cheapest available Temperature Sensor IC.

The application is to detect any abnormal heating in the circuit casing and in this case turn self off.

So accuracy etc. is not needed.

Any advise will be greatfully registered.

Mike

Reply to
siliconmike

2N3904
--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott

"siliconmike" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

Try Kilxon thermostats, formerly made by Texas Instruments see:

Smaug Ichorfang

A thermistor or a thermal fuse are likely to be cheaper than a temperature-sensing IC.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Auton

plus the circuitry to make some use of it....

Mike really needs to write a longer description f the problem and the function of the solution he wants.

my finger can sense temperature, but it wouldn't be much use without a brain to act on the fact.

David

Reply to
David Collier