Telephone On-Hook Current

When the UK changed to decimal currency the payphones changed from threpenny bit (1/4 shilling) to 2np, one of the old money very low value coins (halfpenny IIRC) was the exact same size.

The GPO punished Joe public for this by upping the charge to 5np (a shilling).

Reply to
Ian Field

Sigh. Are you living 30+ years in the past?

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid? on it, because it's
Teflon coated.

Not really.

Hooking up to the slugs' nervous systems, to control them so they would crawl inside the phones and short out the right bypass lines, required quite a bit of subtle home-brew neuroelectronics :-)

Dave Platt

Haw! Gotcha, Joel.

Reply to
John - KD5YI