Tektronix

John Larkin wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I have a number of instruments from a number of makers.

It would be nice to have one of these...

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

yawn

I'm not peeved in the least

I've made no such complaints

no, they were once

Do us all a favour and try base jumping.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:cd8b396c-8469-45b1-84c5-d2d26549d515 @googlegroups.com:

No, idiot. I did not say the top player. I said one of the top players, and that remains true.

There was a time when you possessed a modicum of intelligence... once.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:cd8b396c-8469-45b1-84c5- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Is that supposed to do harm? Or do you think that would put me in danger? The shit that runs through your brain that you actually then spew here is pretty retarded, child.

You should try one of my new Kervorkian Product line items. It is called the Cordless Bungee Jump. It's all the rage among surviving family members, especially if they attended.

Even my wit has you beat by an order of magnitude.

Oh and I thought of this years ago and posted about it here a mere few months ago, so don't go thinking your stupid crack caused me to expand on it. My idea is actually funny and has been around a while.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I'm not bothered by that, but I'm very unhappy with their removal of copyright dates from their documents. Now you can't tell which version is the latest, or how out-of-date it is. This is a serious PITA for their customers. They've applied it across the board, including on all the Keithley documents. Damn.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

------------------------------------

** Crikey - when was that ?

Nutcase Thornton has been a trolling PITA here for as long as I have been posting - and that is over 15 years.

The fool haunts other technical NGs too where he also tries to disrupt any perceptive postings with his insane, alternative views.

Worse even than John Larkin.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

$1.3 million, I've heard. You'd have to be developing something serious, 5G gear or radar or something, to get one of those.

I wonder if Rigol will have one like that next year. We have a 1 GHz

4-channel Rigol, nice scope. They are up to 2 GHz now.

At 110 GHz, signals can't go very far through coax.

Reply to
jlarkin

What kind of oscilloscope do you have?

Reply to
jlarkin

** LOL - wot a massive QED !!

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

The quarterly report is all that matters.

Reply to
jurb6006

Old Heathkit?

Reply to
jlarkin

he needs a silly scope. It would read FSD all the time.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Is yours a Buffy Scope? It reads pure buffoonery 'FSB' all the time on your bench.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

True. He's down there in the krw and Trader4 category. You can take a horse's ass to evidence, but you can't make it think.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Trump's trade war may convince a lot of companies to pull some manufacturing out of China but I think it will be along the lines of "can't put all our eggs in one basket, need to put 20% in China, 20% in Mexico, 20% in Vietnam, 20% in Africa..." etc. rather than do anything in the USA again.

Reply to
bitrex

the real surprise is that Phil has only been posting for 15 years I thought sure he'd been here since 1990.

Reply to
bitrex

------------

** LOL - never had access to the internet until 2001.

First using dial up, sharing the same line with my phone - bad idea.

Next with dial up and two phone lines.

Then with ASDL and back to one line. Finally, as of last month, using optical plus co-ax cable link with Australia's new NBN.

NBN = "National Broadband Network" - means I now enjoy 12MbS down link and 1MbS up, about 20 time faster compared to previously for the same or maybe less cost.

Voice phone calls go via the same path, so a premises or a local area power outage shuts off the lot.

I still suffer from the inevitable 12 hour time zone offset with the USA ad Europe though.

It's 9:20 on Wednesday evening as I write.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

I am pretty sure that Danaher bought Tek and then split off a lot into Fortive includng Tek.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

Phil Allison wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

That asshole that screwed your entire continent, last I heard is why it took so long. He was some lame phone guy here in the US, and then went over there and now you guys are ALL forced to use a single provider from what I remember.

But I do not know the current situation, because at the same time I heard that (2010), I was building for 17 cities in Australia, 14 rack multi-million dollar satellite baseband gateways using two 8 meter dishes each, including one for Tasmania, so you guys could get Internet access anywhere on the continent.

I do not know what you pay. The sat hooks are expensive and probably only about 10Mb/s. But folks out in the middle of your nowhere areas can get it. Heck those funny soundin' Aborigines can even get it now. Send their texts up to the sky like those sparks they sent up to John Glenn back when he went over..

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

** " NBN Co " is a government owned corporation, we a have a few of them here.

The national (essentially fibre) network is now nearing full coverage and replaces all previous copper wire phone and internet access.

Soon after an area has NBN access, the twisted pair system and related exchanges are shut down for ever.

Consumers can opt to go with any number of retail suppliers for phone/internet contracts, so there is competition on pricing - but NBN Co control the lot.

No biggie for us, another company called "Telstra" had a *full monopoly* on telecommunication not so long ago.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison