Synchronous rectifier - gotcha

--
Geez, I guess you're just not as important as you think you are, eh?
Reply to
John Fields

Or, possibly, that he isn't. Considering that he got canned from National, and I'm still employed, maybe that's the explanation.

How's buisness down in Texas?

John

AFAIK some of these switchers can sink and source current. Its not a bug, its a feature!

Time for a story: I got my HP6002A PSU cheap due to a similar feature. The previous owner thought the fan made too much noise so he made it turn much slower. Next he used the PSU as a battery charger. This went right until the overheat protection kicked in which set the output voltage to zero. Because there was still output voltage while it should be zero the crow-bar circuit decided to fire the crow-bar thyristor... I had to repair several circuit board traces to get it working again. None of the electronics died. Ofcourse I put a temp. controlled fan in it.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

It's a bug if they don't tell you about it, it's a feature if it's in the first page feature list on the data sheet.

Reply to
Raveninghorde