Switch question

I have an incandescent (halogen, I think) bike lamp that uses some electronics to give pushbutton control and two brightness levels via PWM. I'm pretty sure it's not a micro though, that would just be silly for such a simple task (and it's got quite a few cheap parts in it).

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

With the baby PIC's, there is virtually never a time when a CPU cannot give the more cost effective solution.

It certainly is FUNDAMENTALLY INSANE to use a 555 timer ever again.

--
Many thanks,

Please visit my GURU\'s LAIR web site at http://www.tinaja.com
Reply to
Don Lancaster

--
Not true.

A perfect example is when someone who has no desire nor need to
learn how to write the code for and program a µC asks, "How can
I..."

The obvious answer is "Use a 555."
Reply to
John Fields

On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 18:21:31 -0700, "Richard Henry" Gave us:

Utter Quackery!

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

Why not just substitute the switch for one with the desired push-push toggle action?

Reply to
Ross Herbert

I didn't say Nixon was President, only "in office"; one heartbeat away. ;-)

--
  Keith
Reply to

--