Dilbert meets USENET:

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Yep, saw that one, brilliant,

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

It's a time honored tradition. Don't you remember Captain Zilog?

The ad that bugs me is the one in EE Times with the photo of moldy bread. I really don't like seeing that while I'm eating lunch (which is when I usually read EE Times). I've blocked out the name of the advertiser.

Reply to
David DiGiacomo

There was some company that had rocket-assisted cartoon frogs in their ads.

The ad may have impressed the advertising types, but I can't remember that company either.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

I've seen a lot of very entertaining ads that I have no ides who they were or what they were selling. ;-) (mostly on TV, during Super Bowl, but you get my point.)

The thing is, you have to target your demographic. I've just been thinking about this, and came up with a new term I can put on my shingle: "Demographician."

Whaddaya think? ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I think this is one of the biggest failures of marketing people. It doesn't matter how catchy your ad is if we don't remember what product you're selling.

For example, I saw a really funny ad the other day. A guy was sitting in a chair eating lumpy white stuff from a milk box. Another guy comes in and says "What are you eating?" He replies "Cottage cheese." The second guy says "Dude, cottage cheese doesn't come in a milk box." The first guy says "So?" and keeps on eating. I have no idea what they were actually advertising.

Reply to
Carl Smith

It could be for cheese, or dairy in general. Usually a logo or something, though...

Tim

--
Deep Fryer: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

Lord Leverhulme, the founder of consumer goods giant Unilever, once famously said: "I know that half of my advertising is wasted, I just don't know which half it is."

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

I rather like it, and now that women are being incorporated into the workplace more than ever, the days of the anorexic model in marketing are over.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

How about Amp'l Annie? (sp?)

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

How come the Wiki articles do not list author's name? This one is ridiculous:

Fred Bloggs

Whew boy- look at these:

Fred Bloggs

Stop your whining and set up a consulting business, or make an attempt to join an established consulting firm. It is most likely that you are considered over-qualified for the full-time positions and will bring too much baggage with you.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

The real problem is that it's not Wonder Woman? Tell us a little bit about your reading of her.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Pity. I really like anorexic models.

John

The old comic-book version was great. The teevee lady, can't remember her name, was dumb and fat. But most women on teevee are dumb and fat.

John

With big t*ts ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Linda Carter

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Sounds like yogurt, but they'll never admit that those lumps in spoiled milk is what yogurt actually is: Rot.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippi