SUBCKT Declarations in LTspice?

Sent also directly to Helmut Sennewald...

I have a whole chip design, relatively simple, simulates in 75 seconds in PSpice, that my customer would like made into a subcircuit for LTspice.

Needless to say, this contains lots of CMOS, poly resistors and capacitors, and PNP's; from X-FAB process XC-06.

Will LTspice accept .MODEL statements within .SUBCKT declarations?

If so, it should be a relatively simple netlist manipulation.

Thanks! ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Absolutamente will it. I do this all the time. Many RF transistor sims are done that way. You use a subcircuit to describe all the parasitic stuff of the package and then inside this subcircuit is the .MODEL for da trainsistah itself.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Joerg

Great! The customer will be happy, and I won't have to spend too much "support" time for a past project ;-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

We are doing an IC for an X-Fab process right now. The client engineer said he ran a few chip things on LTSpice and to his surprise it crunched it without signs of indigestion.

Probably doesn't make Cadence too happy, because LTSpice is surprisingly compatible. Mathcad, different story, those guys seem to hang on to proprietary methods so one has to fork over big bux. I am going to have to now. Hurumph! ... grumble ...

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Joerg

Mike made LTspice pretty much PSpice conversant.

If the GUI (particularly post-processing) was better I'd switch, but it's pretty lousy/unfriendly right now. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Yes.

LTSpice will usually digest PSpice lib files no problem.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Fred Abse