Stock control software?

I read in sci.electronics.design that Rich Grise wrote (in ) about 'Stock control software?', on Sat, 8 Oct 2005:

In theory. Have a go at one of the pages at

that has nested tables. You might get just a little confused by the complexity.

I originally tried to run the site using Word, after it had been originally written with a proper application. It wasn't a success.

John Woodgate

It depends. Was the indenting done by a human, or by one of those "html writer" programs?

OK, I confess - HTML 4.01 Transitional has some tags that I haven't learned yet, but I could look them up in seconds (like, '' is kinda self-documenting ;-) ). I guess the point is, what's so hard about keeping track of nested stuff? I've been writing C since your kids graduated high school, so I know to indent. :-)

Other than that, it's pretty clean-looking HTML.

My hat is off to you sir. :-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I read in sci.electronics.design that Rich Grise wrote (in ) about 'Stock control software?', on Sat, 8 Oct 2005:

I don't know for sure.

John Woodgate

I've created a number of web pages with nested tables, all done from scratch, in Wordpad.

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

How do you like the Adobe GoLive? I was given the CDROM and manual the other day, but I haven't had the time to try it out. I am looking at building a very large website, possibly a few thousand pages. It will be a umbrella site for all the Veterans clubs, news, fund raising efforts to help our homeless veterans and provide links to all of the services available for veterans in the Marion County, Florida and adjoining areas. I have always hand coded the HTML in Wordpad, but a project this big may force me to do it another way.

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I read in sci.electronics.design that Michael A. Terrell wrote (in ) about 'Stock control software?', on Sun, 9 Oct 2005:

Do you set up keyboard shortcuts or something for the most common code sequences? I can't really imagine putting all those characters in place individually.

We even used keyboard shortcuts to put formatting codes into Wordwise on the BBC Micro.

John Woodgate

I just have a number of templates that I copy and paste to create what I need. Why write the code more than once? I also use search and replace to convert tabbed data from a database into tables. A different number of tabs between the groups of data, and replace the largest group of tabs first. I can insert extra columns into the database before exporting it and do the conversion in a couple minutes.

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida