Spice Notation Question

I have a customer using _Microcap_ who claims that this notation....

.PRINT AC DB(V([OUT])/V([IN_AMP]))

means print the dB DIFFERENCE between V(OUT) and V(IN_AMP).

I can't find such notation in the reference manual.

Can this be correct?

(I created a Spice model for the customer. Models runs on all brands of Spice EXCEPT Microcap which gives an "underflow" error.) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Difference between dB(V(OUT)) and dB(V(IN_AMP)) ;)

Reply to
Miros³aw Kwa¶niak

Something is throwing up a "underflow" error.

Same netlist with only a .DC analysis call instead of a .AC call works just ducky.

Andy Thompson of Spectrum Software is now involved, so we'll find out the problem... I hope. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Per Andy Thompson of Spectrum, throw-up solved by adding...

.OPTIONS NUMERIC_DERIVATIVE

(I always use CAPS in option lines and models... the UNIX/Eunuchs crowd cause me all kinds of grief with everything lower case... you can't easily tell a "1" from an "l" in many fonts :-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature