SPDIF to AES/EBU

Looking for a reliable circuit for the level conversion from SPDIF to TTL. I then intend to feed it to an RS485 driver and into a transformer for transmission via CAT5e

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

I figure all that needs done is to put it through a transformer to adjust= =20 for native impedance and use Cat5e.

Reply to
JosephKK

Perhaps...?

LVDS receivers might also work. ...Jim Thompson

True, but I need to fan out. Getting TTL (ish) enough to drive a 485 chip from a 0.6V SPDIF signal? Analog comparator?

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Thanks - a slightly different approach to the one I was thinking about. The SPDIF input goes into a 485 differential receiver. You think that would work reliably given the low SPDIF voltage?

If so, I could just do a 485 diff i/p straight through to a 485 diff o/p feeding 3 xformers (I need a 1 to 3 fanout, isolated)

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

transformer

adjust

Run the signal through an old uA703 diff amp to three transformers. Better, use a modern diff amp. 0.6 V and less than 5 Mpbs is easy=20 these days.

Reply to
JosephKK