Somewhat OT: Long term design

I thot i covered that as being possible with (at least) vacuum tube technology and i am guessing possible using solem-strate shelectroniks.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Noting wrong using a solar cell using your condition that the device "be secreted from human tampering" for that 1000 years.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Oy say 'ol chap, a British accent!

Reply to
Robert Baer

Must be Apple products. I saw ID4, Jeff Goldblum could write Trojans for an alien network system on his Apple Laptop, even the Jolly Roger skull was accurately displayed on the alien screen. Now that is some cross compiling......

Reply to
WangoTango

Really....do we know what a solar cell will do after 1000yrs of sitting? How about, even with a 100% conversion rate, how much energy could you get from the light falling on a 200 cm2 device? If we assume an average of 1KW/m2 that still isn't squat. How much juice does a phasor use? ;)

Reply to
WangoTango

Yeah, funny how they never 'beam' over to a 5G engineering room. Or a 0G and float away.

The problem with aliens is that they are alien.

Reply to
WangoTango

On a sunny day (Fri, 15 Jan 2010 11:19:34 -0500) it happened WangoTango wrote in :

Ah, no problem! Have you not seen them flying through a solar corona?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Good cells are fairly klunky monocrystalline silicon PN junctions. They'd probably work fairly well after a million years if stored properly.

I have solar calculators that work in any light that people can reasonably work in, and they use tiny low-efficiency polysilicon cells.

Just because 1000 years sounds like a lot to us, it's nothing to an inorganic crystal.

John

The stupid TV shows just need villains to add drama. All the aliens that I've met were actually very nice.

John

Not PERSONALLY, but I guess it is one of those 'depends' things.

Reply to
WangoTango

Yeah, but I don't see too many alien Casio Scientific calculators on ST Voyager. I mean they pick up and ancient weapon on it fits a human hand, has a trigger that you can pull with a human finger, and can burn through solid rock in a matter of seconds. While Tuvoc stands in the back ground with his RPN solar calculator, that was laying in the ancient ruins, calculating the power density of the beam. :)

True, but until one has actually made it a thousand years and is still operational, it is all speculation, educated speculation true.

Reply to
WangoTango

Don't you get tired of being probed? ;-)

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

All the ones he's met used lube. ;-)

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

On a sunny day (Fri, 15 Jan 2010 09:09:33 -0800) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

Ah, been abducted ???

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Or a mind wipe? ;-)

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

Or HHGTTG! (though they don't speak *real* english! :> )

Reply to
D Yuniskis

Another SyFy channel slander. Any reasonably intelligent alien can nab a bit of DNA from your fingerprint and know everything about you.

John

planets

I gotta' quit drinking coffee when I read through these replies. It kind of hurt when it shoots out of your nose. Truly an unexpected LOL moment.

Reply to
WangoTango

I don't watch SyFy channel. It's not availible on sub-basic cable.

How can your DNA tell them what's in your mind? :)

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

That must be one hell of a probe.......ouch.

Reply to
WangoTango