Somebody had an idea for a lossless flyback snubber

Let me amend (ever so slightly :-)... my contact with PhD's without significant "on-the-battle-field" experience has been pitiful... school-only-experience is a recipe for disaster. ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

I wouldn't disagree. A 30-year-old Ph.D. has probably 2 years of work experience. Of course it depends a lot on what his thesis project was--somebody who just knows how to write signal processing code has a lot to learn after graduating, whereas somebody who had to get real hardware working is a much better bet.

And of course finding somebody who can do all of those things is always a win, especially if he was a hobbyist as a kid.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

My business partner has a MSEE. It is my company but I made him "boss" because he has sales, accounting, and more design experience than I. If we butt heads, he wins because I felt that in a two-man company, one of us needed the final say. He has never pulled the MSEE thing on me and, in fact, he never brought it up until asked. He doesn't care about credentials, just capabilities. And we agree on that.

Reply to
John S

I've worked with some PhD's _with_ experience, and they've been golden. One of them is now a friend, who showed up doing contract software work to get his on-the-ground software experience before he went off to be a neural-network wonk.

He's the _only guy_ I've met who not only made money doing neural networks (still does, AFAIK), but who worked for companies that made money doing neural networks.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

I'm looking for work -- see my website!