Soldering to Ni/Au pads

On Sun, 02 Aug 2015 11:51:25 -0400, Joe Gwinn Gave us:

The absolute best soldering experts are NASA scientists and engineers.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Often so. On the other hand, I also do a lot of front ends for other people's instruments. Looks like I may get to do an interesting PMT front end for a flow cytometry instrument that uses a frequency comb, so it lives and dies by the IMD performance. That's an unusual requirement for a PMT system--they're pretty much time domain things.

And prize pigs, of course. ;)

(Philip was my father's brother, Charles was my paternal grandfather, Danby was my paternal grandmother's maiden name--she was a granddaughter of Sir Francis Danby the English painter. My Mum's family didn't get a look-in at that stage, but then her father's name was Murdo Nicolson, and they weren't cruel enough to name any of us that. Plays well in Scotland, less well over here.)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

You're still living at home aren't you? I think it's time to get out and see the real world..

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook