Soldering iron tips

You should learn what a thermal profile is then.

If you are placing cold boards in direct contact with hot, molten solder, and you do not use a thermal lead-in profile, you can damage your boards or components.

Worse, if you do not know what temp a board is at the moment it leaves full contact with molten solder of a known temp, you need to remove yourself from that aspect of the industry entirely.

Mainly as a punishment for "jumping right in". Blind, no less. Let alone how easy it is to research and learn about.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Calling you full of shit is not a scat reference, it is a vermin moniker reference. You are that vermin.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

So English isn't you first language then.

Reply to
Pomegranate Bastard

It only took you two sittings to answer, AlwaysWrong. Your ADHD is improving. Better drugs?

Reply to
krw

Of course not. Scat is.

Reply to
krw

We were talking about SOLDERING IRONS, not reflow ovens, here. I'm not sure how you can make a temp profile with a soldering iron unless you turn the iron on and off while you hold the tip in contact with the pad on the board, I think this MIGHT slow me down just a bit.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson