Solder Pot?

Anyone have an old solder pot they want to get rid of?

I'm just a hobbiest, so nothing fancy, just something that works would be great. Even better, for a small fee I'll take one of those "LEAD" contaminated ones off your hands :)

--
Take Care,
James Lerch

If persistence is such a powerful force, why are there so many dead flies in my window sill?

Reply to
James Beck

"Hobbyist". It's spelled "hobbyist". Unless you're the hobbiest of the hobbies? Pet peeve.

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

Ever hear of ebay? Ever hear of misc.industry.electronics.marketplace?

*-*+only.advertise+*-design-of-*-circuits+sci.electronics.design-*-*-design+combining.components.into.circuits+buying-*-*-bartering+*.*.not.a.forsale.group+zz-zz+Discussion

Reply to
JeffM

Hobby, hobbier, hobbiest?

It's HOBBYIST!!!!!

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

You're a slovenly housekeeper? ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Or The Hobbyist of the Year...

"Solder Pot"... Is that as good as the Columbian Pale?

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

Que one of my favorite albums:

"This will not do. Call the schoolmaster!

I always said he'd come to no good In the end your honor. If they'd let me have my way I could Have flayed him into shape."

--
Take Care,
James Lerch
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
James Lerch

Yea, at the time, all they listed was new stuff of which I didn't know the providence. $150 - 300 for stuff that very well may be imported junk, chased me away to look at real tools. After recovering from $300 - 500 sticker shock, I wandered over hear and asked my miss spelled question...

Nope, but its on my list now, thanks...

--
Take Care,
James Lerch
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
James Lerch

You guys must LOVE Miami's new slogan to attract tourists:

"DWNTWN MIAMI" ... I kid you not..

Take Care,
James Lerch
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
James Lerch

FCUK that.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Hey, I clean 'em up once a year. If the little buggers wouldn't hide behind the curtains like that I could see them.

Jim

Reply to
James Beck

Hey, it takes that long to collect enough for a snack anyhow.

-- John

Reply to
John O'Flaherty

Ever heard of your local industrial liquidator and google earth to find them, and the telephone to see if they have what you want?

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

Almost as good as the freeway sign leading into Indianapolis...

Indipolis Blvd

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

Not to continue to sound like a dullard, but does anyone actually do this still? I just checked my yellowpages for liquidators, or industrial liquidators, and found a few auction houses. Mostly estate auctions, not much for industrial. One place I know of lists their items on an Ebay storefront, I just assumed this was probably the case now for most all forms of liquidation and what not...

Funny part is, I live in a HUGE retirement part of west central Florida (Just south of Sun City). I could probably stick a sign out by us301 "Solder Pot Watned" and end up filling my garage with 40 year old electronics and Ham radio tools and equipment. :)

--
Take Care,
James Lerch
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
James Lerch

Try performing the same search in Google Earth.

Also, some cities have many more Ind Liquidator shops than others. It's all relative.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

Why eat flies, when you can have nice, fat, juicy spiders? >:->

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

So, they want to attract 24-year-old illiterates? ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Because it's sure fun times when you're having flies! :-)

--
John
Reply to