SMPS "S" terminals & V adj.

I recently purchased a switch mode power supply with no accompanying literature. In addition to the V+ and V- outputs it has S+ and S- terminals. Can someone please advise what these are for and how to wire them.

I also understand the output voltage can be adjusted + or - 5 volts from the specified 12V, but can see no external provsion for this. Any advice on this would also be appreciated.

Thank you for your reply.

Ken Meyers

Reply to
Ken Meyers

What brand, model number ??????????????????????????????????????

AFAIK the "S" terminals are probably "sense" terminals. They feedback the voltage delivered to the load to the psu and allow it to compensate for losses in the wiring to the supply terminals.

Go to meanwell or one of the smps manufacturers sites and look in some datasheets.

Reply to
Royston Vasey

Sense lines? Wire to the output terminals, or to the load for accurate voltage sensing to overcome the power cable voltage drop due to output current.

Look for a trimpot behind a hole ;)

Grant.

--
http://bugs.id.au/